Fire Extinguisher Training
Our Fire Extinguisher Workshops will inform, demonstrate and provide you and your employees confidence in the safe and effective use of fire extinguishers.
Why Take Fire Extinguisher Training?
Our training combines the theory you need to safely use an extinguisher with hands-on live-fire training, giving you the confidence to use an extinguisher when you need it.
- Basic fire science – fire triangle
- Classification of fires
- How fires occur in the workplace/home
- Types of fire extinguishers
- How to safely use a fire extinguisher (P.A.S.S.)
- What to do after a fire
- Maintenance and quick checks
- Enhanced fire protection for your work-site/home
- Confident response to a fire emergency
- Promotes the proper use of the fire extinguishers
- Reduces fire-related losses
Classroom Theory with Live-Fire
- 2-Hours (1-hour theory & 1-hour practical)
- Fire extinguishers provided
- Certificate upon completion
- 10 people (minimum): $69.95 per person (plus gst)
- 20 people or more: $59.95 per person (plus gst)
What About Customized Fire Extinguisher Workshops?
Our team of industry experts will assess your specific industry and provide a custom-tailored training program based on the hazards you are likely to encounter in your workplace, and the types of fire extinguishers that are available on your site.
- Our extinguisher training is a tested program that meets the needs of your employers’ safety audit
- Meets WorkSafeBC and COH&S requirements
- Hands-on training with live-fire practical
- Employee involvement
- Weekday or weekend courses
Safety Education & Evacuation Training
We can help your organization identify hazards in the workplace and implement your fire safety plan. Our experts will work with your Fire Safety Directors and Floor Wardens to monitor your evacuation drills and provide constructive feedback.
Make sure your workplace has proper evacuation procedures and fire extinguishers as part of your safety program:
- Know locations of emergency exits
- Know your evacuation procedures
- Have the correct fire extinguishers
- Know how to operate a fire extinguisher
- Practice evacuation drills
Fire Investigation Training
Fire Investigation Education
Based on NFPA 921, Guide for Fire & Explosion Investigations, our experts teach the most current methodology in the field of fire investigation to public and private agencies including Fire and Law Enforcement personnel.
Forensic Photography for Fire Investigators
Properly documenting a scene requires an investigator to possess a fundamental understanding of photography, including familiarity with equipment and accessories, lighting and movement, and common camera settings.
Our 8-hour workshop provides you with valuable theory and hands-on classroom exercises that will help you take better evidentiary photographs at your next fire investigation.
Instructor Brad Walsh is a Forensics Identification Officer with a municipal police department and documents crime scenes including cases of arson.
Instructor Megan Sabell is a Captain with the Victoria Fire Department in Fire Prevention, and is an avid photographer.
- 2023 TBA
VI Fire Forensics
Specializing in portable fire extinguisher training on Vancouver Island and the lower mainland of British Columbia.