Fire Investigation Training
NFPA 1033 Fire Investigation Training
Based on NFPA 921, Guide for Fire & Explosion Investigations, our experts teach the most current methodology in the field of fire investigation to public and private agencies including Fire and Law Enforcement personnel.
NFPA 1033 Fire Investigator training is a two-course delivery designed for those seeking certification as a fire investigator to the National Fire
Protection Association (NFPA) 1033 standards. Students must successfully complete Level I Fire Investigator: Fundamentals of Fire Investigation and Level II Fire Investigator: Requisite Knowledge and Skills Training to receive ProBoard/IFSAC accredited certification.
Forensic Photography for Fire Investigators
Properly documenting a scene requires an investigator to possess a fundamental understanding of photography, including familiarity with equipment and accessories, lighting and movement, and common camera settings.
Our 8-hour workshop provides you with valuable theory and hands-on classroom exercises that will help you take better evidentiary photographs at your next fire investigation.
Fire Investigation for First Responders
This one-day theory-based course provides Emergency Responders with knowledge on how to document fire scenes, recognize and interpret fire patterns, and understand the importance of data collection and how it supports determining the origin and cause at a fire scene. Students will understand the parameters of a complex fire scene and recognize when to call for a fire investigator.
Fire Extinguisher Training
Our Fire Extinguisher Workshops will inform, demonstrate and provide you and your employees confidence in the safe and effective use of fire extinguishers.
Why Take Fire Extinguisher Training?
Our training combines the theory you need to safely use an extinguisher with hands-on live-fire training, giving you the confidence to use an extinguisher when you need it.
- Basic fire science – fire triangle
- Classification of fires
- How fires occur in the workplace/home
- Types of fire extinguishers
- How to safely use a fire extinguisher (P.A.S.S.)
- What to do after a fire
- Maintenance and quick checks
- Enhanced fire protection for your work-site/home
- Confident response to a fire emergency
- Promotes the proper use of the fire extinguishers
- Reduces fire-related losses
Classroom Theory with Live-Fire
- 2-Hours (1-hour theory & 1-hour practical)
- Fire extinguishers provided
- Certificate upon completion
- 10 people (minimum): $79.95 per person (plus gst)
- 20 people or more: $69.95 per person (plus gst)
Safety Education & Evacuation Training
We can help your organization identify hazards in the workplace and implement your fire safety plan. Our experts will work with your Fire Safety Directors and Floor Wardens to monitor your evacuation drills and provide constructive feedback.
Make sure your workplace has proper evacuation procedures and fire extinguishers as part of your safety program:
- Know locations of emergency exits
- Know your evacuation procedures
- Have the correct fire extinguishers
- Know how to operate a fire extinguisher
- Practice evacuation drills
VI Fire Forensics
Specializing in fire investigation training and fire extinguisher training on Vancouver Island and the lower mainland of British Columbia.